Short Term Health Insurance

Australia’s temporary residence program is designed to allow people living overseas to come to Australia for specific working purposes. Ultimately, this will help highly skilled individuals and successful business people to settle permanently in Australia.

Temporary residents are required to pay taxes on income earned in Australia. They do not have access to social welfare benefits or national public health cover. Individuals from countries with Reciprocal Health Care Agreements (RHCA) with Australia are entitled to emergency medical treatment only.

IMAN Australian Health Plans has over 30 years’ experience providing short term health insurance to temporary working visitors. All of IMANs health covers meet the Department of Home Affairs visa requirements and offer peace of mind when it comes to protecting yourself against unexpected health care expenses.

The Australian subclass 457 visa requires the applicant to obtain DIBP compliant short term health insurance as part of the visa requirements. This visa is commonly used by employers to sponsor overseas workers to work in Australia on a temporary basis. This visa is popular, because it allows skilled workers to work in Australia for up to four years and allows the skilled worker to bring a secondary applicant such as a partner or family who can also work and study.